Contemporary Cake Designs shares its recipe for delicious carrot cupcakes...
• 175g self raising flour
• 100g golden caster sugar
• 150g grated carrots
• Zest of ½ an orange
• 25g walnuts chopped
• 25g raisins
• ½ cinnamon
• ½ Madagascan vanilla extract
• 1tbsp baking powder
• 2tbsp golden syrup
• 125ml sunflower oil
• 2 medium free range eggs
Cream cheese icing:
• 200g cream cheese
• 80g icing sugar
• 80g unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC (fan)/180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4. Line 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2. In a large bowl, place the sift flour, sugar ,carrots ,orange zest, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and baking powder and mix well.
3. In another bowl, gently beat together the golden syrup, sunflower oil, vanilla extra and eggs.
4. Place the dry ingredients over the wet ones and mix well. Spoon evenly into cupcake cases.
5. Place the trays in the middle of the oven and bake for approx 25 mins. When cooked the cupcakes will feel ‘spongy’ to the touch. Cool completely.
6. For the cream cheese icing: Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well until thoroughly combined and the icing is smooth and pale.
7. Pipe the icing onto cooled cupcakes and decorate with chopped walnuts or Easter decorations.
Contemporary Cake Designs, Studio E, Churchill Industrial Estate, Churchill Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7EG. Tel: 01242 252 352;