Ready, Steady, Shop!
The January Sales at Regent Arcade have begun...
The phrase ‘January Sales’ for many evokes an image of hoards of frenzied shoppers elbowing their way through the high street- a dangerous retail assault course only to be braved by the most tenacious of bargain hunters. However, your yearly sales shopping trip needn’t end in a visit to A&E. Come in to town well prepared and you could bag yourself some show-stopping bargains and an entire new 2013 wardrobe for a fraction of the RRP. Follow our top tips below to survive this season’s sales...
1. Assess your wardrobe before you head off. Make a note of what items you have too many of and which you need more of. Good items to watch out for are staple pieces, like a pair of great boots (Schuh have a brilliant selection), a ¾ sleeve blazer (hit River Island and Miss Selfridge @ BHS for some classic shapes) and don’t forget the LBD to see you from work to bar. Don’t feel guilty about investing in these staple items, as you will easily get the wear out of them throughout the year.
2. Plan your route to make the most of your time. Some sales start earlier in the day than others, so call your favourite stores in advance to ensure you’re first in line. You can find the contact numbers at www.regentarcade.co.uk
3. Keep hydrated and take regular breaks. The weight of heavy shopping bags, heat and crowds can cause dehydration- so stop for a drink or snack to keep your blood sugar levels up. SOHO Coffee Co on the ground floor has a wonderful selection of healthy snacks and fruit juices to revive you.
4. Be prepared for lots of walking, changing and crowds! Wear a pair of comfy flats and loose layers to make changing hassle-free, and consider bringing a friend to share the weight of the bags with.
5. Ask yourself before you buy something, “Would I still want this at full price?” If not, then it’s probably tomorrow’s clutter. However, don’t forget that there are plenty of real bargains to be had, with reductions of up to 70% off. Don’t forget to ask for the sales assistant’s advice if you’re not sure whether an item suits you - they are there to help!
6. Reward yourself with lunch after your epic shopping trip. Did you know that 3 hours of shopping burns nearly 500 calories? What better excuse to stop at The Bridge Cafe on the first floor for a delicious winter soup or a hot panini!
7. Share your bargains on Regent Arcade’s Facebook and Twitter pages - we’d love to hear from you and see what you’ve been buying.
From all at Regent Arcade Shopping Centre, happy bargain hunting!
www.regentarcade.co.uk; www.facebook.com/regentarcade; Tweet us @regentarcade