Meals that heal
There are many people suffering from food intolerance in modern day life and this can prove complicated when trying to plan your meals that the whole family can eat. Meals That Heal is an innovative new cookery book written by Karen Maidment who runs the Pure Body Balance Integrated Health Clinic, based in Cheltenham. The book provides low sugar, gluten, dairy and soy free recipes for delicious modern-day meals which will help alleviate problems such as IBS and one is sure to lose a few pounds in the process due to the healthy way Karen shows you how to cook.
SLOW COOKED BOLOGNESE
• 1 tbsp organic raw goat's butter or organic coconut oil;
• 2 organic red onions, finely chopped;
• 4 cloves of organic garlic, finely chopped;
• 8 rashers organic nitrate-free streaky bacon;
• 1kg organic grass-fed minced beef;
• 3 medium organic carrots, chopped small;
• 1 jar/ 680 ml organic passata;
• 3 tbsp organic tomato puree;
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon;
• Small handful of fresh oregano, chopped;
• Sea salt, to taste.
1. Pre-heat the slow cooker to high.
2. Heat your oil in a large saucepan on a moderate heat, then add the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
3. Now add the bacon bits and mince before cooking until browned.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomato/passata, tomato puree, carrots and cinnamon.
5. Transfer to your slow cooker, turn the heat down to low and leave to cook for four to six hours.
NOTE: About 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, you can roast some sweet potato wedges or make a seasonal salad.
Meals that Heal recipe book costs £25.00 and is available from www.purebodybalanceshop.co.uk/category_s/85.htm;
For the opportunity to win a copy of the book please email your contact details to email@example.com and quote Meals.